Selling Rural Property - Farm * Home * Recreational * InvestmentBret Martin, REALTOR®314-581-3990
Why Land Is A Great Investment
- Diversify your financial portfolio. I recommend putting at least 10%-30% in either income producing agricultural land, or investing in land on the edge of urban sprawl.
- During the housing market decline farm ground and commodity prices went up.
- Owning ground is a great way to transfer wealth to your heirs via a Revocable Living Trust.
- Land, and especially land with little to no improvements, usually has a very low property tax.
- Income producing Farm owners can take advantage of some nice tax deductions.
- Instead of a statement from your brokerage house, you can go out and enjoy your investment. Go hunting, fishing, horseback riding, ATV riding, and breathe the fresh air.
- In 1900 Forest Park was considered out in the country!
- There is a tidal wave of growth from urban sprawl now. Buy ground just in front of the wave and ride it up.
- When you sell it, you can buy more without paying capital gains tax via Section 1031 Exchange. This includes selling a second home, or commercial property.
- The demand for farmland will continue to grow for the foreseeable future, yet its supply is fundamentally limited.